Whew! Let’s see…
1. Had my first young readers book club with a total of two kids showing up. *sigh* I’ll have to figure out some way to get the word out there and hopefully get more kids to come. Our next book is Inkheart by Cornelia Funke and in October we’ll be reading A Long Way From Chicago by Richard Peck.
2. Yay! I know how to make bobbles now! My Hermione hat is going well so far *knocks on wood* and I think it looks really neat. I’ve had to unravel twice so far, so now I’m making sure to be EXTRA careful.
I have just purchased the cutest Donkey pen in the world. I shall now commence sitting here for the next several hours twirling him so that his little feet flail about and making him say ‘And in the morning, I’m making waffles.’
That is all.
ETA: In knitting news, I have finally, after three days, successfully untangled my skein of yarn so that i may continue my official-Hermione-from-the-third-Harry-Potter-film-when-they-go-to-Hogsmeade hat.
This post was brought to you by the letter ‘I’m-bored-and-rambly-this-evening.’
Hmm, let’s see…
In knitting news
1. Finished eyelash scarf
2. Am almost done with half of one side of one pillowcase
3. Have started my very own official Hermione-from-movie-three hat (the one she wears to Hogsmeade)
In I’ve-gone-insane news
1. I have decided to be Hermione for Halloween and am therefore…MAKING my costume. I have never made anything to wear in my life so I consider this quite an undertaking.
On my to-read list
D ovey Coe
C urious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
3. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
4. Chasing Vermeer
5. Moby Dick
6. At Swim, Two Boys
In writing news
1. Chapter 14 of mary clockwork – going slowly, but surely for now