- I have lost my kitchen mojo. Not cool! Remember I said that I was planning a dinner party for my parents? The only things that turned out to be edible were the soup (which my dad didn’t even like – and, if I’m honest, I wasn’t crazy about it either) and the salad (Jillian, I think you found rocket in this town – where did you find it?!). The main course, an apple, onion, and gruyere tart, was not anywhere near being done inside (it looked great on the top) and the rustic pear tart just completely fell apart. Honestly, it was so far past rustic that we were nearing primitive. Like, pre-invention-of-the-wheel.
- Since finishing Smallville, and recovering from a Stressful Event, I have been rewatching Gilmore Girls. Which has made me really miss Gilmore Girls. And I’m totally jealous of Rory’s Yale Fringe. I really wish my center part wasn’t so enthusiastic. And the ranking of Rory’s boyfriends goes JESS!, Logan, Marty (I know, but he should have been), Tristan, and then, if there were no men left on the planet, Dean. I really should stop watching – it makes me want to move to a small town on the east coast.
- Speaking of Smallville, it’s on in 20 minutes – yay!
- I have a new addition to my household – a 32″ flat sceen TV! I was thinking it would be too big for my living room, but I love it, so much s0 that I’m considering widening my running-away-with-appliances list (except that now I have to relearn the weird HD channels [WB is 23.1 instead of 12?!]). And…
- A WII! Post-Stressful Event, I decided some retail therapy was in order and felt I was deserving of my heart’s desire. I love it. It is as fun as it looks and more so. I thought my mom would like it, but it turns out my dad has been harboring a secret video game system desire. (Mostly I think the strides technology has made since Pong fascinates him – and my mom is too competitive. Since she hasn’t managed to win Mario Kart, she’s holding a grudge.)
- El Grito (which has sponsored this post) – It starts out strong, but gets better the further you get through the glass. Also good? An inverted El Grito (2 oz. of the apple brandy, 1 oz. tequila, 1/2 oz. vermouth).