Take one drink when:
- A voice comes over a loudspeaker
- Neal patronizes Baby
- Someone receives a monetary tip
- Anyone says the word “summer”
- Anyone says the word “lesson”
- Baby and Johnny practice the lift
- She’s like the wind
- Fifteen years later you finally understand that Penny got a back-alley abortion, not the flu
- Lisa talks about doing it with Robbie
- Somebody puts Baby in a corner
- Somebody takes Baby out of said corner
There was one rule suggested in particular that made me laugh super hard (though no one else laughed and we didn’t end up using it [which is good as I would have been drinking steadily the whole time Jerry Orbach was on screen]) was “You can’t stop looking at Jerry Orbach’s eyes and thinking that some random schmo in New York City is currently walking around with them.” I couldn’t figure out why I was laughing so inappropriately hard at this and then it hit me!
John Mulaney! (Well, “John Mulaney” hit me after much googling, but it did hit me that it was a comedy routine I’d heard.)
I’ve searched the intarwebz high and low and this is the only place I’ve found that has the whole clip. Keep listening through the Law & Order jokes until you get to the bit about “This summer, love is spelled with two eyes.” (Around the 4:40 mark.) So that’s what I was thinking every time Jerry Orbach was on screen.