Oh, dear, it’s been so long… Is anybody still out there? Well, it has been absolute aaaaaages since I last posted anything on my blog. It’s been a bit of a rough year, though I think things are on the way back up again. At least, that’s what I’m determined to make happen! So let me do my best to catch you up:
- Drew got a job teaching saxophone in Wisconsin.
- I got a temporary-potentially-permanent job at the same place as their music librarian.
- We moved and started our jobs in the span of about two days which was super-duper stressful.
- My condo didn’t sell. And didn’t sell. And still didn’t sell.
- I got depressed.
- I was really missing my friends and family.
- I got more depressed.
- The winter here SUCKED. Like, seriously sucked.
- My depression got the better of me.
- Spring finally came!
- I switched to a new antidepressant that, along with my vitamin D, has made a huge difference!
- My condo sold!
- We made it through the summer even though money was tight!
- I got the permanent version of my job!
- I’m still missing my friends and family and I can’t really say that the depression is gone – some days are better than others – but I’m taking it day by day and things are getting better.
- I managed to rekindle my passion for reading – I didn’t realize just how much I missed it!
- I’ve made a plan to pay off my credit card debt and start saving money!
- I’m working to get rid of these extra 40 pounds that showed up – it’s hard dealing with a completely different 30-some-odd-year-old metabolism stacked on depression stacked on a winter that was made for carbs and warm blankets – and I’m going to do my darnedest to eat better and get back into shape (such as it was)!
So, yeah, I have things that I’m excited about and that I look forward to every day – reading, practicing my French and Spanish, practicing the upright bass and the bass recorder – that keep me going, along with support from Drew and my family and new and old friends.
I think you can guess my new mantra – say it with me: